We believe at the Lear Educational Center that a baseline skills assessment or evaluation is a valuable tool. An assessment is a tool to be used not only to establish what program is best for a student, but a tool used to validate that our students are making progress. If a student is not making progress assessments can be used to determine why. Assessments determine your child's academic grade level, strengths and weaknesses. Assessments also assist us in developing goals for your child and evaluating their learning styles.
- If your child has been recently tested with validated testing instruments additional testing may not be necessary.
- We welcome standardized testing administered by other practicing, state licensed professionals.
- We offer and can administer standardized academic assessments to your child.
- Psychological testing will be referred to an appropriate professional to meet your needs.
Before beginning any of our programs we will administer baseline testing during your child's first visit. Baseline testing will give you, and us, an objective way to track progress. Informal assessment will be scheduled and administered by the session, according to the type of program your child is participating in, or at the request of a parent.
Please feel free to ask about our testing practices during your intake or consultation session with Ms. Lear. You may also call and speak with our lead teacher about the types of testing we offer and what type will meet with your needs. If you are looking for a specific type of testing we do not carry we will be glad to look into acquiring the required testing materials to use for your case.
The need for medical testing for the following will be qualified and referred to the appropriate professionals:
- Auditory Processing disorders
- Seizure disorders
- Other academic-impeding, non-specific disorders