Lindamood Bell Program
For students with Processing Difficulties
The owner and founder of the Lear Educational Center, Patricia Lear, feels strongly about offering programs for students with Auditory and Visual Processing Disorders. She has written and spoken to parents, teachers and other professionals about the need to teach orthographics, the patterning of the sounds, for reading decoding and encoding (spelling). Lindamood-Bell Programs are great for enhancing any reading program and are good as stand alone programs for many students.
We offer the following Lindamood-Bell Programs:
- (Lips®): Lindamood® Phoneme Sequencing, the better phonics program
- (SI™): Seeing Stars® Symbol Imagery for decoding enhancement
- (V/V®) Visualizing and Verbalizing® for Comprehension
- (OCN®) On Cloud Nine Visualizing for Math
Processing problems begin with how the brain interprets or discriminates what the ears –are hearing and the eyes are seeing. The Lindamood-Bell Programs assist in remediating problems in younger children and teaching the older student to compensate for their short comings.
The Lindamood-Bell programs are excellent for the following reasons:
- Help teach minds to compensate for their weaknesses in reading, spelling and comprehension
- Are all based on sight imagery and our ability to visualize language
- Are good for memory based difficulties
- Teach students to attend to details in addition to the whole
- They can be instructed to very young children and the older student
All programs at the Lear Educational Center are selected according to the needs of the students. Not all programs are a perfect fit for all students. There are times when integrating multiple programs in order to develop an individualized program is best for a student. Program decisions are made during the student’s intake session with Ms. Lear and/or Mrs. Dougherty and are based on a team decision with the parent or guardians.